Monday, June 15, 2009

Zipangu Japanese Restaurant, Shangri-la Hotel

The chefs at work at the open kitchen

Table setting

Went to Zipangu for a friend's birthday the other day. The last time I went, it was about two years ago. I was quite happy to come back as I remembered food here is really good albeit expensive.

My friend wanted to find out what is included in the "Chef Recommendation" set dinner as it was not written in the menu at all. Waiter was not that helpful as well, in fact, he seemed a little blur. He just went, "Er....got sushi and sashimi." Anyway, she decided to take the plunge and ordered the set without knowing what is being served. So, I can tell you, every dish that was being served is a like a surprise to us and sometimes we don't even really know what we were putting into our mouths. =P


Appertiser
First was the appertiser. There was the seaweed cold soup, something new that I am trying. Quite refreshing. The salad is good too but I am not exactly a fan of the feta cheese.


Unagi roll

Heh.....I have to stuff this whole baby into my mouth at one go. The taste of the unagi, avocado, tamago, cucumber and rice exploded all at once in the mouth......ah......ecstasy!


The Glorious Sashimi Platter

This is absolutely my favourite!!! The sashimi is super fresh and I love it when the fish just melts in the mouth!


Our veggies for the night

Er....other than the snow peas, we have no idea what we were eating but it was really delicious!


Mixed Tempura

Next was the mixed tempura prawns and vegetables. It was very light and crispy, unlike some places where you feel like they have been cooked in oil that has been overused for a gazillion times, if you know what I mean......


Fish. What fish? I have absolutely no idea

Beef steak

Cha soba

Sushi Selection

Miso soup with clams

Delectable desserts

I think I am just gonna be rather repetitive with my poor selection of words and poor attempts at photography......added the fact that I am feeling super lazy, do not think I am gonna continue this blog for the night. All I am gonna say is, food is excellent but do be prepared to pay some $$!!

Zipangu Japanese Restaurant
1st Floor, Shangri-la Hotel
Jalan Sultan Ismail
Kuala Lumpur
Pork Free

Tel: 03 - 2032 2388

**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment