Monday, June 1, 2009

Canton Fare Restaurant

The Chinese Decor

Bird Cages

I have heard about Canton Fare for quite some time but never really got the chance to come and try this place until my friend suggested to come here for dinner. Place was rather crowded when we got there but luckily there was ONE table empty. If not, then we have to think about where to go again and we HATE deciding where to go for makan........you know, so much good food around, how to decide????


Succulent Peking Duck


Beautiful Omelette wrapped around the crispy skin with spring oions


More crispy skin on prawn crackers

Canton Fare was running a promo of Peking Duck (RM48++, usual price is RM68++) and I LOVVVVEEEE Peking Duck! Ooooooo.........the crispy skin of the duck dipped in sweet hoisin sauce and wrapped with the omelette skin.............yummmmm..........


The drumsticks of the Peking Duck


Sang Choi Pau

As you all know, when you order Peking Duck; you get another dish of your choice with the meat. You can have it fried with noodles, rice, on its own and.....er.......actually I donno what else. We ordered the Sang Choi Pau, which basically is the meat cut into cubes, fried and then you wrapped it with lettuce. I did not think the chef did a very a good job with this because it was rather dry. Oh ya, we made them chop out the drumsticks of the duck which turned out to be a pretty good idea. Firstly, like I said, the fried dish turned out to be quite dry. Secondly, we realised that we actually get more meat out of the duck this way. Heh.....talk about kiasu......=P

Lotus Roots fried with Assorted Nuts and Vegetable

We ordered the Lotus Roots fried with Assorted Nuts and Vegetable for our choice of fibre instead of the usual greens. I thought it looked rather sad when the dish arrived and I was feeling a little bit suspicious about it. True enough, the dish was dry and tasted a bit bland. Think the nuts were a bit stale too. Sigh.....bad choice......


Twin mix

I loved the char siew that they served, a bit fatty but it is just bursting with flavor! As for the siew yoke, the skin is very crispy but I thought it was too fatty for my taste. Hmmmm......sounds a bit contradicting right? Char siew is a bit fatty but I love it and siew yoke is too fatty? I thought it was a bit strange too...........maybe I am more biased towards char siew?


Canton Fare Restaurant
No.5 Jalan Solaris 4

Solaris Mont Kiara

50480 Kuala Lumpur

Non-halal

Tel: 03 - 6203 0223


**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment