Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cagayan's Filipino Restaurant, Centrepoint

I have a Filipino maid at home but I don't think that I have ever tried Filipino food.....no, hold on.....maybe I did when I was in Manila 13 years ago......gosh....it's been so long, I have no idea. Anyway, wanted to buy lunch for a friend as it was her birthday and she decided to come here as she was craving for the soup. She is a regular here and has been raving about this place to me but I have never really gotten the chance to check it out until now....

Looking at the menu, I did not think that it looked very Filipino as there is a lot of western dishes. But then, like I said, what do I know about Filipino cuisine?


Golden Mushroom Bacon maki

The menu comes with pictures so when I first saw this.......heh.......I knew I had to try this. You could never go quite wrong with pork bacon dishes. =P


Pork Belly Soup

This is the dish that my friend has been craving for. It is a broth that is cooked with seafood/chicken/pork belly. You can choose whichever and we obviously chose the pork belly. =P When I first tasted it, it immediately reminded me of the chinese "hum choy tong" (salted vegetable soup) but there is no "hum choy" in there. A bit sourish, a bit spicy, super tasty......really brings out the appetitie in you!


Pork Ribs

I have actually uploaded another picture but it has somehow disappeared.....oh well.......not that it was a great picture anyway. As usual, we tried to include some greens in our diet so we ordered the Filipino vegetable dish called Pinakbet. It is sauted kang kong, pumpkin, okra, egg plant, bittergourd and long beans in shrimp sauce. I have to say this is really not my cup of tea but then, I am not a big fan of shrimp sauce so that could be it. But according to my friend, this is not as tasty as before so who knows?

I have been craving for pork ribs for a long time so when I saw it was in the menu, I cannot help but order it. Meat was so tender that it falls right off the skin! They have different sauces for you to choose and I opted for the Classic one. I thought it tasted okay but my friend did not really like it. Well.....everyone has different taste buds right? The coleslaw that came with it was only so-so but the mashed potato........yuck! I don't know if the potatoes has gone bad or what but it tasted horrible!

I guess I will definitely go back again but just for the soup and bacon maki. =P

Cagayan's Filipino Restaurant
Ground Floor, New Wing (next to Starbucks)
Centrepoint
Non-halal

Tel: 03 - 7724 1022

**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment