Thursday, June 25, 2009

2am: Desserts Bar

Went down to Singapore last weekend for my nephew's concert. Hardly did anything or went anywhere at all.........was just mostly lazing around in my sister's place. Sigh.......have to say really auntie nowadays, so lazy to go out and just talked about baking and grocery shopping with my sister, auntie or not?

Anyway, was talking to my sister about the price of blueberries and it is SOOOOO much cheaper in Singapore. I thought I should get some and bring it back to Singapore so we went to the 24 hours Cold Storage in Holland Village (we were supposed to go for late night shopping in Orchard
but we were too lazy......sigh.....auntie, auntie.....). There were not a lot of car park spaces in Holland V so when we finally managed to get one (almost the last one available!), we decided to go somewhere for coffee and desserts.

My sis has heard about this new desserts bar opening in Holland V so we went to check it out. The bar was on the first floor of the shop house and it was rather dark from the outside so we were not sure if it was opened. Took a peek and it was actually packed with people! I was quite impressed when I first stepped into it because it looked so swanky! A bit pretentious but swanky nevertheless. =P The place has a few long tables and high chairs and if you REALLY wanna chill out, there is actually this long sofa bed where you can lie down. The sofa bed looked really comfy (sorry, no pix) but I was wearing a short dress that day so we opted to sit by the bar.


The long bar

Some bubbly on the shelf

On the menu, they actually give you recommendation on the wine to go with the various desserts. But, for a desserts place, I have to say the menu is quite limited. There is not really a lot of choices on desserts but then, that could also be due to the fact that they just opened. Maybe.......just maybe, I think, they will add more in the future? I donno.....just my opinion.


My Cafe Latte

Cappucino

I loved it when they can make the coffee looked so pretty!

D.S.S ($14)

My sister ordered this dessert, D.S.S. (Deconstructed Strawberry Shortcake) that comes with smoked white chocolate, wild strawberry panna cotta, pate de fruit, white chocolate rice krispies and rose petal sorbet. I thought the white chocolate was only ok and the strawberry panna cotta was quite fragnant and delicious. As for the rose petal sorbet, you can really taste or smell (I'm confused) the rose petal but not really my cup of tea. Presentation is quite french right? You know, huge plate but the portion is just a tiny bit.


Twix ($13)

I decided to order the Twix as I saw caramel mousse, peanut crumble and valrhona chocolate ice cream on the list! The mousse was only so-so but at least the peanut crumble could bring a little more taste into the mouse. The ice cream was quite rich but full of the valrhona flavour so that was the satisfying bit of the dessert.

All in all, I think the desserts here have nothing to shout about but will be a good place to go hang out and chill. It actually gets kinda crowded comes 11pm to 12am so will be good for you to go earlier if you want a place on the sofa bed.


2am: Desserts Bar
21A Lorong Liput,

Holland Village

Singapore 277733

Pork Free

Tel: +65 - 6291 9717



**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

2 comments:

  1. They didn't just open laaa....think they've been in business for more than one and a half years already, Auntie :D

    ReplyDelete