Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cooking a meal

I was watching Jamie Oliver one day at home and thought his recipe for the roast chicken was rather easy. I have been dying to try out his recipe ever since but never really got the chance to. Then one day, was talking to my friend about going to her house for a swim. Talk talk talk and somehow the topic of dinner came up. That was when I had the bright idea of cooking at her place. Since I have not cooked for so long, was not very sure if I wanna ask other friends to come for dinner. But on the other hand, we needed them to come help finish the food. So, called them in the end. Some friends could not make it coz it was so last minute but we still ended up to have five of us and have to "ta pau" (takeaway) for a friend's boyfriend so that's six. Originally, I have only wanted to make one roast chicken and maybe dessert but with six people, there might not be enough.

Tomato Soup

So, I decided to make soup too. Tomato to be exact, thought it will be healthier since I have got no salad. This recipe calls the soup to be puree but I've got no blender so they just have to make do with minestrone-like soup. Heh....actually, the recipe only needs this to be cooked about 20 to 30 minutes but the chinese in me was taking over. I mean, how can soup be nice by just 20 to 30 minutes of cooking? I ended up boiling the soup for about two hours, quite nice though....considering I did not end any salt. Is this call "blowing my own horn"? =P

Roast Chicken with sweet potatoes and potatoes


Next was the roast chicken. The recipe doesn't call for any marination but as I was preparing it, the chinese in me kicked in again. Meat don't marinate where got nice? Sigh.....but it was too late already as it was time to cook the chicken. Turned out the chicken was okay but not as tasty as I thought it would be (because no marinades!). The potatoes and sweet potatoes were really yummy though, I just couldn't get enough of it! Heh heh heh.......blowing my own horn again, so thick skinned!

I have made the instant chocolate mousse from Nigella Lawson's recipe. This is super easy but I have used pure double cream instead of the usual thicken cream so it turned out really thick.....was so bloated after that. I have actually posted the picture too but due to some technical problem, it got deleted and I think it's too damn difficult to try to put it back up again so whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment