Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oriental Cravings Restaurant

Memories from the good old days

Every time when I go to One Utama Shopping Centre, there are only a very selected few of restaurants that I will go to for makan even though they have tons to offer. But there is one particular restaurant that is almost at the top of my "go to" list whenever I am there; which is the Oriental Cravings Restaurant located on the ground floor in the new wing.

My sister and I love to come here for their noodles because we think that the noodles here are springy, fresh and delicious! If we have a few more people, I love to order the dishes with rice! The bad thing about this place is, they only have square tables so we have to join the tables to make a long rectangle one. A bit inconvenient when you order dishes to share and tables are not very big as well so it was a bit "kalang kaput" when we were eating.

Bak Kut Teh

This is the herbal BKT and I think quite a few people are not really a fan of it as they prefer the klang version. Personally, I think it is very delicious as the herbs are very fragnant. Heh....but I like all kinds of BKT, including the Singapore style! So, only order it if you like herbal bkt.


Golden Beancurd

I love the Golden Beancurd here as the beancurd is super smooth and with the saltiness of the minced pork, the combination is perfect! Even though there is a little bit of spicy taste to it because of the chilli in there, the kids still could not get enough of it! The only complaint is that the portion is not very big so you will have to order two portions if you have more than four people in order to get a good, satisfying piece of it!


Hainanese Assam Fish

I do not know why it is called the Hainanese Assam Fish since assam is assam right? The assam sauce is absolutely delicious. It is is so tasty that I can have rice with just the sauce. Heh...the fish is tasty too but the main draw is the sauce.....sourish and spicy at just the right amount....yum..... I am not even a fan of assam so you can imagine how good it is when I can slurp it all up!

pork with soya sauce

This was the special of the day and the waitress was recommending it so we decided to try it because we heard "fa lam yok" (I think it's pork loin with fats). The meat was marinated and cooked till perfection. Not too salty and meat was uber tender........I only managed to try one piece because it was gone so fast, damn! Oh, they have different specials everyday so it depends on your luck if you wanna order this when you go there.


Honey Chicken Wings

I just realised that I forgot to take a photo of our veggies but then, that was rather standard so picture or no picture, I don't think it made a lot of difference loh. We decided to order the honey chicken wings for the kids.....heh......so called for the kids, everyone has one and it was all gone already so kids could not have more even if they want to! The sauce is quite sweet so very good if you want your kid to eat his chicken, if you know what I mean. My nephews hate veggies and my sister will always make them eat at least some, no matter how unwilling they are. One of my nephews actually dipped his veggies in the honey chicken wings sauce to make the veggies more appealing. I guess anything goes when you want your kid to take their greens......

Longan with sea coconut

The longan with sea coconut has a very refreshing taste and not too sweet, very good and "cooling" in our extremely hot weather. Was super stuffed after eating all the yummilicious dishes, will be quite contended for a while until the next time!


Oriental Cravings Chinese Restaurant
G359, Ground Floor, New Wing
One Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama
(non-halal)

Tel: 03- 7727 2581


**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment