Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Soo Kee's Son (Meng Chuan) Restaurant

Met up with a couple of friends in town for dinner the other night and was wondering where to go for cheap food. Friend decided to go Soo kee's Son in Imbi since we have not been there for a while. I thought it was a great idea because I have been craving for the beef hor fun over there for some time too. =P

Beef Hor Fun

The super smooth hor fun with tender pieces of beef added with the fragnant spring onions and ginger, this dish is fried to the perfection. I can never get enough of this!


Hokkien Fried Noodles

This is my first time ordering the hokkien fried noodles here. The taste is good with all the super size chu yau zak (fried pork lard).

Cantonese Fried Yee Mee with Prawns

We usually order the cantonese seafood fried ying yang but my friend wanted to have the yee mee with prawns so we ordered that instead. The taste is still good because it is the same egg sauce that is smooth and full of flavour. Still, I prefer the ying yang to the yee mee.

This place is famous for beef noodles and sang har mee but like everywhere else, the sang har mee is uber expensive. I have tried it a couple of times but I thought it was only okay (donno what's the hype about). But that's just me, apparently a LOT of people think it's damn good so be prepared to pay the price if you wanna try this dish.

Soo Kee's Son (Meng Chuan) Prawn & Beef Noodles
New Imbi Garden Restaurant

No.29-B Medan Imbi,

55100 Kuala Lumpur

Non-Halal

Tel: 03 - 2142 7752



**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment