Friday, July 31, 2009

Soo Kee Ipoh Hor Fan Restaurant

My eldest sister is a HUGE fan of Soo Kee Ipoh Hor Fan in Sea Park. Everytime she comes back to KL, she HAS to go there for at least a meal or two; depending on the duration of her stay. So, as usual, she wanted to go there for her fix of Ipoh hor fan and I tagged along happily with her, my nephews and my mom.

yau kai (literal translation: oily chicken)

I think the steamed chicken aka yau kai here is the main reason why people come to this restaurant. The chicken is super smooth and coupled with their home made oyster sauce, aiyoh........heaven! The boys could not get enough of it!

plain mee

Ipoh hor fan

I have been to Soo Kee quite a number of times but I have never tried their noodles before. This time, the boys ordered a plate each and I finally got a chance to sample it. The noodles are quite fragnant, exactly how I like it for wan tan mee. But, again.....decisions decisions, as much as I love the noodles; I love the silky smooth hor fan too, how?!?! Oh, I have to say the portion of the hor fan has shrunk quite significantly this time round. I actually thought that I have imagined it.....you know......like maybe my appetitie has grown tremendously so the portion seemed so much smaller. But no, my sister agreed with me too so maybe..........I can have the ipoh hor fan AND then the noodles the next time. Hahaha...........talk about super greedy. =P

We have also ordered a bowl of wan tans. The wan tans here are quite delicious and you can actually tasted the individual prawn in each wan tan. It comes together with the soup that taste full of MSG but you just cannot help yourself and still finish everything, including the MSG-laden soup!



All in all, food here is fantastic but for a coffeeshop; it does not come cheap. We ordered a bowl of wan tans, one plate of chicken, three noodles, two hor fans and three drinks and it set us back about RM57......definitely not cheap for a coffeeshop.


Soo Kee Restaurant
33, Jalan 21/17,
Sea Park
Petaling Jaya
(It's located opp. the Sea Park wet market, same row as Ayamas)
Non-Halal

Tel: 03 - 7876 7736


**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment