Friday, July 31, 2009

Paddington House of Pancakes

I am a fan of pancakes, I think........or maybe not.......hmmm.......I cannot decide. Why? Well.......I love the fluffy texture of a pancake and especially if it couples with good butter and maple syrup......yum........the thing is, it will not be something on my mind when I think about what I wanna eat. It is not even on my craving list. I do enjoy eating it though so......am I a fan or not?

Anyway, went to the Paddington House of Pancakes at The Curve the other day with family because the boys wanted to eat. I can still remember the days when PHOP was in Centrepoint and a tiny shop, the pancakes were gorgeous! Now they have expanded to so many outlets and the menu is super extensive! I have to admit, every time when I go to PHOP, I get very confused. There are so many different types of pancakes with so many differnt toppings, how to choose?!? Nevertheless, we do try our best...........

This time, they have a set lunch offer. Actually, I donno when they started this since the last time I was in PHOP was damn long ago. Anyway, as I was saying, they have this set lunch offer which I thought was quite value for money. For RM13.90 (++ of course), you get a drink (coffee/tea/ice lemon tea/cannot remember), a main and sundae, quite good right?


the decorative wall

cheeky coffee to greet us

the American Set

This is a pancake stack with chipolatas, chicken ham, cheddar and baked beans.

Classic Buckleberry Set

Buckleberry pancake with scrambled eggs, mushroom, cream cheese and beef bacon.

Honolulu Set

Dutch pannekoek with chicken ham, pineapple cubes, tomatoes, button mushroom and mozeralla cheese.


San Francisco Set

Pan fried dory with mashed potatoes served with rolled pannekeok.


Dollar Pancakes with dips

All the above are what we ordered for the mains in the set lunch, except for the dollar pancakes with dips. I donno if this is the usual standard but ALL those in the set lunch are rather tasteless and bland, which is not how I remembered PHOP to be! Maybe because they gave it at a cheaper price so no quality control? Why I said this because we ordered the dollar pancakes from ala carte and it was really nice and fluffy, unlike the ones in the sundae(soli, forgot to take picture again). So, sub standard food at cheaper price or better quality ones at a more premium price? It is up to you......


Paddington House of Pancakes
Unit 142 & 143, 1st Floor,
The Curve Shopping Centre
Mutiara Damansara
Halal

Tel: 03 - 7726 2382


**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment