Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant

I think one of the other reason that I have not been updating my blog was because my sister from UK was back and we were eating at home A LOT. So, other than me being busy with her when she was around; I hardly got the chance to eat out so what is there to blog about?

My friends and I were supposed to go Pudu for dinner once but due to our typical, horrendous KL traffic, we had decided to adjourn to Hartamas as it was more centralised for everyone to meet. Now......where to go for makan in Hartamas Shopping Centre? As I usually luvvvveeeee Japanese food, I suggested we go to Rakuzen. Tried calling them to make a booking and they were rather full so we were on waiting list (they are always jam packed!).

I was just thinking where we should go if we really cannot get a table. Luckily, they managed to squeeze us in. Now, like I said, I luvvvveeeeee Japanese food and I am usually at a loss when it comes to ordering because I wanna eat SO MANY things! =P Heh.....that is why Japanese Buffet is one of my favourites or if not, I will just order one of those bento set that has almost everything! =P Haha.....that is not true......bento set that has almost everything is also usually rather hard on the wallet so I will still order normal sets.


Cranky Salmon Roll

Friend ordered the Cranky Salmon Roll and Miso soup with clams for dinner (so healthy!). I think the salmon roll is really nice as the ebiko, salmon and the egg mayo taste just go so well together! Actually, there is something that is rather crispy inside the roll but I never really bother to find out what it is , I just think that it is excellent! Heh.....inquisitive is not one of my best attributes. =P


Yakiniku Beef Set

This time, I have decided to order the Yakiniku Beef Set. My set comes with the usual pickle appertiser, miso soup, chawamushi and fruits. The beef is rather tender and flavourful and I had to eat it REALLLLLLLY slowly so I can slowly savour it.


Sukiyaki Beef Set

Another friend ordered the udon with the Tempura prawns but I was so busy eating that I forgot to take a photo of it (so typical!). Er.......I did not try her dish so cannot comment on it. Sister ordered the Sukiyaki Beef Set. I have actually wanted to order this but since she was ordering it, I could order something else and steal from her. =D Er.....I think my sister really enjoyed it but in my mind was, "luckily I didn't order this!" I felt that the soup was rather tasteless and the beef was very tough. I do not know if this is the usual standard for sukiyaki in Rakuzen Hartamas but when I go for their Sunday buffet in Chulan Square, it is usually quite tasty. I guess I would have to try it again to confirm but only if someone else is ordering!


Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant
Lot P17, Plaza Ground Floor

Hartamas Shopping Centre

60, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur

Pork Free

Tel: 03 - 6201 2060


**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

1 comment:

  1. Kamimura is still be the BEST for Jap food..

    XX,
    A forced-to-be-Japanese... ka ka ka

    ReplyDelete