Thursday, August 13, 2009

Restoran Ho Weng Kee @ SS2

Yau Kai (steamed chicken in oyster sauce)

Sui kow (dumplings)

char siew wonton mee

curry mee

This wonton mee shop has been here for as long as I could remember and my family has always been a big fan. Noodles are fragnant and springy, steamed chicken is super smooth and char siew is roasted to perfection. Think we used to come here at least once a month. Now, I am not sure because my taste buds have changed or that their standards have dropped. The chicken is still smooth but I prefer the ones in Soo Kee. The char siew is only ok and a little too lean for my taste. I think the sui kow is still very good and not "tou kong kam lew" (cheating on ingredients). Both my dad and my sis still love the curry mee. I supposed it is still relatively good as lunch time is packed full with people and there are always people waiting. But for me, I think this will be a place that I will only come if my friends or family wanna go and not, "Hmmm.......I am craving for Ho Weng Kee, let's go!" kind of situation.


Restoran Ho Weng Kee
32, Jalan SS2/66
Petaling Jaya
(same row as Nam Heong Chicken Rice)

Tel: 019 - 215 6555


**Disclaimer: Everyone has different taste buds so dun blame me if you want to try based on MY opinion and it is not good. I would also love it if someone pays me to write this review but sadly no, am writing this because I am procrastinating work. =P

5 comments:

  1. You know why people like their won ton mee? 'Cos it's drenched in pig's fat oil!! Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO feel like Ho Weng Kee now.... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I missed the last time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no they moved liao! No more is SS2!

    Boss said they will be in LOT 10 from Oct '09 onwards...

    So sad, such an institution ends its run of over 20 yrs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just had lunch there today. it's still in ss2, and it's still very popular. no worries. =)

    ReplyDelete